This webinar is open to anyone interested in and involved in anti-poverty work across Canada.
Join with United Church partners Citizens for Public Justice, Canada Without Poverty, and the Canadian Housing and Renewal Association, as we begin a conversation about civil society expectations and cohesive messaging for the upcoming federal government’s public consultations to inform the development of a Canadian Poverty Reduction Strategy.
Join in and listen as these partners engage with representatives from United Church ministries to talk about ways we might prepare for and engage in the consultations (see list of UCC ministry representatives below). Now is the time to brainstorm about ways we want to be involved.
- The Federal Government’s webpage Consulting Canadians on Poverty Reduction
- Minister Duclos’s Discussion Paper Towards a Poverty Reduction Strategy (provides a few hints of where they might take the consultations, including a page of questions for people to consider)
To Register go to http://edge.united-church.ca/webinars/events/poverty-housing-in-canada/
· Darlene O’Leary, Citizens for Public Justice
· Michèle Biss, Canada Without Poverty
· Jeff Morrison, Canadian Housing and Renewal Association
United Church Community & Social Justice Ministry Reps:
· Barry Morris, Longhouse Council of Native Ministry, Vancouver, BC
· Bonnie Morton, Regina Anti-Poverty Ministry, Regina, SK
· Lynda Trono, West Broadway Community Ministry, Winnipeg, MB
· Tina Conlon, Davenport Perth Community Ministry, Toronto, ON
· Lisa Browne, Stella’s Circle, St. John’s, NL
United Church Women and Bread Not Stones Campaign Reps:
· Linda Woods, Bread not Stones, London and Middlesex, ON
· Sharon Prenevost, Child Wellbeing Initiative, AB